Using excel you can create charts, reports, run calculations, … but what if all of this could be automated? VBA for Excel provides powerful tools for automating Excel workbooks.
Run Complex Calculations:
Some of the calculations that can be done using VBA for Excel are:
Text processing and manipulation: You may often end up with text values that are in the incorrect format or have values that you would like to extract from. Using vba for excel you can trim, concat, split, modify text string to turn them in the format you require
Complex array and matrix manipulations: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, … of arrays and matrices are all possible using VBA for Excel.
Date and Time calculations: Look up a certain date from a large database of values, filter dates, add a certain number of days to each date, …
VBA for Excel provides the tools for creating customized userforms. By using these forms you can control the way users interact with the workbook.
Userforms have 2 advantages over manually inputting values in a workbook:
- It prevents the user from inputting incorrect values.
- It provides a more meaningful method for inputting data.
- Change the chart’s source data
- Change the chart’s type
- Add new series to the chart
- Change the chart’s title
- Change the different series display color
- Change the chart’s border color
Create Custom Invoices:
Connect to Other Applications:
One of the great features of using the VBA language is being able to connect your application to other software. By using VBA you can:
- Export your workbook to an Access database.
- Generate reports in Word a document based on the values in the excel workbook.
- Create PowerPoint presentations
And Much More …:
The possibilities are unlimited:
- Format Cells
- Delete, Modify, Insert worksheets into the workbook.
- Open Multiple workbooks.
- Read/Write data to text files.
- Send emails.
- Insert shapes.
- Delete rows, columns
- Search, Sort filter.