VBA for Access provides powerful tools for customizing and automating Access databases. Create custom user interfaces, forms, run complex operations on the database, export/import data to/from an excel workbook… are all possible using VBA for Access.
Custom UI and Forms:
Using forms you can
- Check the data the user has input to insure they are correct values and in the correct format.
- Inform the user of the changes he/she is about to apply to the database.
- Provide a clearer way for displaying values from the database.
Run Complex Operations:
There are no limits to the operations possible using VBA:
- Perform custom Search/Sort/Filter operations.
- Loop through all the records.
- Modify/Insert/Delete records.
Import/Export Data to an Excel Workbook:
Using VBA for Access you can connect to an Excel workbook and Import/Export data to the workbook. From Access you can execute all the possible commands in Excel:
- Create charts
- Delete rows
- Insert columns
- Format cells